Volunteers Centre Skopje is looking for one volunteer, 18 – 30 years old, from Macedonia to participate in an ESC – project “Citizenship Lab” in Lisbon, Portugal.
Place: Lisbon, Portugal
Date: Preparatory Planning Visit for the volunteer in Portugal: 28.07 – 31.07.2021
Volunteering Service Period: September 2021 to May 2022
!! There might be possible changes regarding the project dates depending on the current situation with COVID-19
About the project:
We are a national organisation with headquarters in Lisbon, where we run the LGBTI Community Center.
Our mission is the social inclusion of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex persons in Portugal, through a broad programme of support in the social field that guarantees the improvement of their quality of life through:
– an extended social support program;
– the fight against discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender expression and identity and sexual characteristics;
– the promotion of citizenship, human rights and gender equality.
You will help to create and dynamize local events, and group activities such as karaoke nights, movie nights, theme parties, round tables, workshops, exhibitions and special days, such as visibility and remembrance days, or social dinner at Christmas night or new year’s eve party.
More information: INFOPACK
Project partner: ILGA Portugal – Intervenção Lésbica, Gay, Bissexual, Trans e Intersexo Founded in 1995, ILGA Portugal is the oldest and largest NGO struggling to protect and promote the rights of lesbian, gay, bissexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) people and their families in Portugal.
The project is funded by ERASMUS+, so all travel costs (up to 360 euros) will be reimbursed according to ERASMUS+ regulations. Accommodation, insurance, food and pocket money will be provided.
How to apply?
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Write the project title in the subject line (eg. Application for “Citizenship Lab”
- Present yourself shortly and point out which project you are interested
- Attach your CV in English
- Attach motivation letter in English, answering at least to the following questions
- Who are you?
- How old are you?
- Why do you want to participate?
- How do you want to contribute to the project?
Application deadline: 30.04.2021
The applicants will be informed after the deadline when the selection of the participants is final.
We look forward to your applications!