On Friday, together with our partners Udruzenje ” Mladi Volonteri “, Asociația Allons-y, Beyond Barriers – Pertej Barrierave and NGO Iuventa, we had a kick-off meeting for the project Volunteering Connecting Communities (VCC).
Volunteering connecting communities (VCC) is a project which involves 500 youth workers, 5 organizations and over 2500 young people (members/activists/young people of the whole consortium) to get empowered through information and concrete tools in voluntarism and inclusion topic in local and international level. All partners will get equally involved and share responsibilities and tasks in a series of activities planned at local and international levels regarding preparation, implementation and dissemination of the results.
This project aims at increasing youth potential in civic education and especially volunteerism topic through capacity building actions targeting youth workers who work with young people with fewer opportunities in local and European level. The project aims as well to increase the quality of youth work through exchanging of experiences and building up sustainable partnerships among partners of the consortium and other NGO-s and institutions in respective countries.
The activities of the project will consist of different meetings, info sessions, seminars, and training. In international projects, the methodology of the project will be mainly based on non-formal education approach. Concrete methods to be used are: brainstorming, role plays, simulation exercises, debate, open group discussion, questions and answers, theatre, buzz groups, presentation of short videos, collage, creative workshops, etc.
– Promote volunteerism as an added value of the European societies and a form of active participation targeting youth with fewer opportunities
– Improve the competencies of Youth workers in training approach in order to add quality to youth work
– Improving the quality of information exchange through peer to peer education especially working with young people with fewer opportunities
– Share the best practices and know-how among the consortium
– Equip participants with expertise in effective and efficient volunteer management programs tailored for the community needs
– Promote Erasmus+ among networks in Western Balkans and Europe
– Forster a stronger partnership among the selected partners that shall establish closer cooperation bridges for the long term
– To boost the creation and development of innovative projects/modules and activities in the youth field focused on young people with fewer opportunities
– Present the Structured Volunteerism Technique as innovative and add quality in youth work
The project activities will last 14 months, it started from the kick-off meeting on Friday and will last till the seminar at the end of next year.