This is your chance to go on an adventure abroad while gaining useful skills and helping young children! Are you open for new cultures and between 18-30 years old? Then apply to be a volunteer for Day Care Centre for street children. The project is a European Solidarity Corps project under Erasmus+, which means it will cover your travels, insurance, accommodation and monthly food & pocket money.
Place: Skopje, Macedonia
You will be a volunteer for 12 months. The project starts as soon as possible.
About the association: “Association for defence of the rights of the child” was established in November 1998. It is a non-profit and non-political voluntary organization whose main goal is to protect the rights of children.
Tasks as a volunteer: You will organize activities for the children related to music, art and handcraft. There will be trips and outdoor games as well. You will bring the children to school, support their learning process, help them to maintain their hygiene and promote the events in the centre. We encourage you to prepare your own project during your stay!
We are closely following the situation with COVID19 and will inform you with any changes of the project dates and ensure your safe stay in Macedonia.
Check if your country is a programme country with Erasmus+ and if it is, don’t hesitate to start your adventure abroad!
- Erasmus+ programme countries:
- Finland, Poland, France, Germany, Slovenia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, Turkey
How to apply?
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write your project title in the subject line (eg. Volunteer from Poland to Macedonia “VOICES magazine”)
- Present yourself shortly and point out which project you are interested in
- Attach your CV in English
- Attach motivation letter in English, answering at least to the following questions
- Who are you?
- How old are you?
- Why do you want to participate?
- How do you want to contribute to the project?
Application deadline: OPEN