Volunteers Centre Skopje is looking for one volunteer, 18 – 30 years old, from Macedonia to participate in an ESC – project “Democratic School” in Vilnius/Trakai, Lithuania.
Place: Vilnius/Trakai, Lithuania.
Date: May 2021 – May 2022
!! There might be possible changes regarding the project dates depending on the current situation with COVID-19
About the project:
Democratic School is an alternative private school for children aged 5-15. The aim of the school is to create an environment that addresses the social, emotional, intellectual, physical, and creative needs of children.
The school is implementing principles of democratic education, such as weekly class meetings and later school meetings where the decisions are made altogether.
Democratic school is not limited only by lesson time, there are also non-formal education activities as well as free play time where kids have all freedom to create their own games.
It’s a day school, currently offering general education for pre-primary and primary level, but aiming to grow with years and become a high school.
1) Self-determined/individualized learning: teaching is at the child’s own pace and structured in a way that provides opportunities for developing self-confidence, self-esteem and independence and helps to reach high standards. Small classes mean that there is time for personal attention as well as the space and freedom for individual expression.
2) A learning community based on equality and mutual respect. Relationships at Democratic school are very important. The individuality of each child is valued and children learn to respect themselves and others and to become constructive members of the school community.
More information: Infopack
Project partner: ESTA Saltes
The project is funded by ERASMUS+, so all travel costs (up to 275 euros) will be reimbursed according to ERASMUS+ regulations. Accommodation, insurance, food and pocket money will be provided.
How to apply?
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Write the project title in the subject line (eg. Application for “Democratic School”)
- Present yourself shortly and point out which project you are interested
- Attach your CV in English
- Attach motivation letter in English, answering at least the following questions
- Who are you?
- How old are you?
- Why do you want to participate?
- How do you want to contribute to the project?
Application deadline: 11.04.2021
The applicants will be informed after the deadline when the selection of the participants is final.
We look forward to your applications!