Are you interested in other cultures, eager to meet new international friends and contribute to social inclusion in Turkey? Then this project is perfect for you!
Volunteers Centre Skopje is looking for volunteers between 18-30 years old from Macedonia for the ESC-project “Meeting of Generations” in Turkey, Ankara.
Short term (2 months): 1st of April to 30th of May or 1st of June to 30th of July
Long term (12 Months): The beginning is still to be decided.
! There might be possible changes regarding the project dates depending on the current situation with COVID-19 !
About the project: Youth. Social inclusion. Support. This is what the project is all about. The “Meeting of Generations” aims to increase the active participation of youth and contribute to their social inclusion. The project wants to boost both the self-confidence and the language skills of the local youth.
What are my tasks?: As a volunteer you will have many interesting and diverse tasks. For example, you can organize English conversation clubs, host debates, help out at the “Theater of the Oppressed” and work at a refugee center. Another task is to work for the online magazine YouThelegraph and to take care of the social media maintenance. You will also have time to prepare your own workshops at the center for people with disabilities.
– between 18 -30 years old
– currently residing in the country you will represent
– open-minded , willing to volunteer and motivated to be part of the team
– currently not receiving any Erasmus grant
There are two volunteer houses that are located just 10 min away from the city center by walk. You will receive 120€ pocket money and 80€ food money. Your travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275€.
For further detail check out the INFOPACK: INFOPACK_Meeting-of-Generations_2020
How to apply?
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Write the project title in the subject line (eg. Application for “Meeting of generations”)
- Present yourself shortly
- Attach your CV in English
- Attach motivation letter in English, answering at least to the following questions
- Who are you?
- How old are you?
- Why do you want to participate?
- How do you want to contribute to the project?
Application deadline: 29.03.2021
We’re looking forward to your application!