Challenge 1: Changemaker Story
Stefanija believes that any society could change if everyone works on their mental health, especially during these stressful COVID-19 situation. She believes that working with youngsters would be most beneficial, because they are in the process of physical and emotional development and because they are the people in who’s hands are future is in.
Because of her believes, she has taken part at the summit of Global Goals Model of United Nations and she was working on issues connected with education and educational system. Due to the fact she loves to work on socially important topics, she likes often to combine it with art as a powerful tool for better understanding. As a result that she is involved at the art field, she has directed few plays on socially important topics such as problems with domestic violence , social pressure, stress related problems and sexual abuse. Problems that often may seems that are not that much important but actually they are the key points of bigger problems in the future such as problem with authorities at the workplace, marriage problems. She also has worked on Linking, Engagement project sponsored by USAID in which she was working with children who suffered domestic violence. She believes that our children, our generation would not go through childhood traumas and they would have more time to focus on more efficient things in future and be better changemakers.
Challenge 2: Interview
How I will change society: Stefanija Stefanoska
I would like to be able to influence people’s mindsets
Stefanija Stefanoska, a student of psychology from Prilep, believes that any society could change if everyone works on their mental health. She believes that working with youngsters would be most beneficial, because they are in the process of physical and emotional development and because they are the people in who’s hands are future is in.
How did you get the idea for implementing project on this topic?
– Honestly I don’t know, I draw inspiration constantly from the most bizarre things in everyday life, I don’t even know where it comes from anymore. I draw inspiration from the subjects I study at my college, from the people in public transportation, the children on the stone bridge who play all the time, from my friends…
Describe yourself with three word?
– Control freak, creative, lazy.
What is your biggest accomplishment?
– Definitely my greatest achievement is my friends. I am happy to have someone to rely on in the most difficult moments, from whom to seek advice, with whom to share the positive energy… But, from another point of view, the biggest success is definitely the United Nations summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last year and my two directed plays “what I want to say but I never will” and “soup of canary”.
In your opinion what is the biggest problem in your society?
– The biggest problem comes from the socio-economic inability of the people. Most often economic problems affect family communication. People do not know how to cope with the stress of the work place, they pass it on to children, developing a negative attitude, instead of developing a safe environment for the children. Then the children transfer that relationship attitude to their own relationships with their friends, their partners, their bosses.
If you had superpowers, which problems would you like to solve in your society?
– If I had superpowers I would like to influence on the political system, it is a well tangled gap, to return to the original state the only solution is a magic wand (smile). Aside from the joking, I would like to be able to influence people’s mindsets, I would like to add more positivity and more aversion.
What is the biggest challenge you would face before accomplishing your goal?
– My biggest challenge definitely will be the marketing part and the way I will motivate future participants to apply.
How your project will influence your society in the future?
– Well, 32% of young individuals aged between 18-24 are stressed due to housing worries. Housing stress relates to situations where the rent (or mortgage) is much higher than the household income. Teenage stress statistics and the previously mentioned study by the Mental Health Foundation found that housing is one of the most frequent sources of stress, especially for younger individuals between the ages of 18 and 24. The study also analyzed older individuals of 45–55 years, of whom 22% are affected by housing stress. Maybe stress doesn’t look like important problem but it is. Maybe this project will not have immediate big results but will have more in the future, knowing what problems stress can cause it’s easier to imagine which problems I’ll try to solve.
Do you see yourself in your country after college?
– Honestly no, I can’t imagine the professors who taught me, the professors who are responsible for 80% of my complexes, traumas and stressful situations to teach my children in the future. What kind of mother will I be if I consciously allow it?
Explain how the interested people can apply?
– People interested about the project will be able to easily apply. The link will be available on all social networks, also those interested could write to me on my instagram profile: masticophis_ or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Challenge 3: Plan your presentation and messaging
Make a plan for both scenarios:
1) physical meeting (I’ll organize info session where will be explained how they can apply, what will be their benefits etc. )
2) virtual meeting (zoom meeting with people who will show interest to take part in the project)
How can you best communicate your project with your key audiences for your project presentation?
-Through social media as most used tool these days and physical meetings.-I would like to put a spotlight on the title of this project as a break through phrase which will be „how are you?” or „како си?“
My story for better communication during my campaign will be definitely the most common one we all know that story, but interpreted on different way which will help them see it from different angle.
Target group: youngsters between 13-18 year old.
Challenge 4 (optional): A quote from you
“Let’s rise kids who won’t have to recover from their childhood.”
Challenge 5: Communicating with target audiences
Institution with which I’ll ask for support: psychotherapy counsulor, Marija Adziozska, Municipality of Prilep.
– opportunity to make a difference
– conference room
– technical support