Challenge 1: Changemaker Story
I remember since young age I loved spending time in nature. When I was a lad I always wanted to go in my grandpa’s village Vitolishte and I would spend one month every summer there. During this time I was always hiking in the woods, mountains, hills and rivers across Mariovo. With the years going by, my love for the nature was growing more and more each year. I just love spending time in the nature.
With that being said, what is really making me nervous now is when I see people that don’t treat our nature good. I’m a student at the University “Goce Delcev” and an active citizen who wants to stop the pollution we give to our nature.
This has been a really big problem the past 5-10 years because a lot of the popular places to visit by car are bringing so much not disciplined people that after a good picnic, they are leaving the trash in the nature. Right now when nothing is working, even more people are looking to get away from the city and find a nice place in the nature, and that’s bringing even more pollution.
My project is about raising awareness in taking care of nature’s health as much as taking care of our health. I hope that with this project I can share my message to more and more people to understand the importance of healthy nature.
My message to the world is : Leave the nature clean, if u find it clean. If not, clean it. Maybe it’s not your trash, but it is your planet.
Challenge 2: Interview
How I will change society: Petar Stevanovic
Words without action are nothing
Petar Stevanovic from Skopje, a student at the University “Goce Delcev” is a big fan of nature. He remembers that since he was a child he was spending a lot of time in his grandpa’s village Vitoliste. Now, his project is about raising awareness in taking care of nature’s health as much as taking care of our health.
What triggered you to start thinking about this project?
– One of the main reasons that I want to make this project is because I want to change the behavior and habit that people have while they are spending time in nature exercising, running, hiking or just relaxing in the nearest national park or mountain. I just didn’t want to accept the fact that individuals can decide willingly to leave the nature worse than they found it.
What do you think this project will change?
– I hope that with this project we can show to people that we can’t have healthy life if we don’t have healthy nature. Maybe people will think twice before destroying/polluting nature if they know the consequences from it.
What age is the target group?
– From 0-99+. Everyone is the target group. We all live on this one planet. Maybe it’s more important for the young people to be the leaders at this project only because they will be longer on this planet, and we need to make sure to have a healthy planet, and leave even better one for our descendants.
Do you think people will follow and help you with your project?
– I am more than sure that I will have lots of young individuals who are concerned with the same problem that we are facing, and that they will be willing to help me realize my project. I will quote Anne Marie Bonneau: “We don’t need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly. We need millions of people doing it imperfectly.”
Do you have something to say to the people that want to change something, but are not very motivated?
– Words without action are nothing. It always seems impossible until it’s done. Just surround yourself with people that have the same vision and see how things are changing.
Challenge 3: Plan your presentation and messaging
Location: Unknown – waiting for the corona to go away.
Key messages: You are what you do, not what you say you will do. Words mean nothing without action.
-5min introduction why I wanted to do this project.
-Who helped me with this project and how to recognize potential partners 5-10 mins
-How to recruit people to help u with your project 5 min
-Why it’s important to be the change u want to see 5-6 min
-Pictures and videos on how the project was, and a motivation for the others to realize their project in the future. (Depends on how much videos and picture) around 5-10 mins.
Target audience: It can be from any age, but if I need to focus some age I will focus on the young lads from elementary school.
Invitation: Invitation in 21 century is mainly from social media (facebook, Instagram, twitter…) but it can always come in help some flyers or posters around the city (we can design them later in the project).
Icebreakers: It can be some games as energizers or from my experience the best, speed dating. We want to make sure that the people are feeling like a team, that they all share one goal, to be the change they want to see.
Presentation content: A power point presentation is always handy, pictures and videos from the actual project day, insipiring stories, motivational stories… Not too long, not too short but clear presentation about what my project was about.
Recruitment of supporters:
-Friends and Family
-Social media invitations
For the virtual meeting everything can stay the same, the presentation, invitation, ice breakers (online versions), agenda (same), key messages…
Location: There are many ways to connect today with many people and to organize a meeting. We can use the applications like Zoom, Skype, windows teams… I hope that the meeting will be in person (physical), but we will act accordingly to the situation.
Challenge 4 (optional): A quote from you
“Words mean nothing without action. You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do”
Challenge 5: Communicating with target audiences
Potential institutional support:
I hope that there are a lot of institutional supporters that can help me with my project, but there are few who can help me with attracting more people, and spread the word.
Potential institutional support can come from:
-City of Skopje
-Ne bidi gjubre – Public group
-Pakomak – company for packaging and packaging waste management
-Scout outdoor shop
-I love hiking – Hiking organization
-Transveralec – Hiking organization
… and many more who can come along the way.