We are looking for a volunteer in age between 18 and 30 for long-term EVS in Malaga, Spain. Project
lasts 10 months, starting from 1st
September 2019 and ending 30th
Name of the project is „Let’s gardening with the elders!”. Volunteers will be working in Patronato Hogar
Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles, which is a home for the elderly people in Malaga, Andalusia (Spain). The
focus is on promoting active ageing among the elderly living in there.
What are the tasks?
– Daily taking care of the garden (planning the tasks, planting, watering etc.)
– Engaging the elderly in mild gardening activities
– Carrying out daily workshops with the elders (cooking with them, decorating garden together etc.)
– Helping out at some tasks fort he maintenance of the nursing home
– Accompanying the elders during the excursions
– Promoting and taking care of the visibility of the project in social media (weekly publication on
– Attending to a weekly evaluating meeting with the coordinator and compulsory On Arrival
Training and Mid-Term Evaluation
The project is perfect for you if you’re into working with older people, gardening, cooking and crafting. If
you speak Spanish and want to improve your speaking skills, you will have the opportunity since the
elders don’t speak English. You can improve your presentation skills, presenting and sharing the
knowledge about other cultures.
It’s up to you if you want to carry out activities with the elderly on your own initiative also! Before to
come, it’s good to set up your personal goals to get the most from your EVS experience. You can develop
and implement your personal project.
You will be accomodated together with other participants of the project in 3-room flat near working
place. You will receive 150€ pocket money monthly and 150€ monthly money for food. Travel budget is
275€. Spanish classes will be also provide for you. Working time is 26 hours per week.
Deadline for application is 1st July. Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com