Open call for Training Course that will be held in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria from 13.05.2019 – 21.05.2019. It will involve 30 youth workers and leaders from the UK, Italy, Bulgaria, Spain, Greece, Romania, Turkey, Cyprus, Holland and Macedonia.
We are looking for 3 participants with the following profile:
– Youth workers, leaders, coordinators, NGO representative having experience or knowledge in the field
– Be able to communicate in English
– All participants must be over 18 years old
The need of the project comes from the existing growing tension and violence among smaller ethnic/migrant groups and the increasing tensions within many EU countries in regard to nationalism and racism. After extensive analyses on the situations in all the partner countries and the long-term experience of our partners in the field, together we have developed the concept of the current project proposal. Chauvinism, racism and discrimination, combined with violence and threatening acts against minorities raises the need to seek effective strategies to address the problems of conflict, radicalization and violence among young people.
Main objectives of the project:
- To develop a set of knowledge, skills and competences of youth workers in conflict transformation and peace-building;
- To equip youth workers with an understanding of non-violence concepts and human rights education that can be applied to their local communities to prevent conflicts and violent radicalization among local youths;
- To motivate participants to advocate for non-violent actions on the local, national and international levels, and for them to act as multipliers and ambassadors of peace;
- To encourage cooperation between the organizations for further actions on youth peace building initiatives;
- To promote the European values of intercultural dialogues, peace, anti-discrimination, diversity, respect of human rights, tolerance and solidarity
Apply by sending us motivation letter in English via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title the e-mail “TC in Bulgaria”.
Deadline for applications is 22.4.2019.
More information: Infopack